Yearly Reading Challenges

This blog contains my book reviews for my yearly reading challenges. See all my reviews at http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/1478411.

Sunday, June 12, 2011

TBR Challenge- General

The Duke And I (Bridgertons, #1)The Duke And I by Julia Quinn

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

TBR Challenge 2011-- General reads. This book has been sitting on mys shelf since August 2010.


There is a great deal to like about The Duke and I. It was an interesting take on the fake-relationship, marriage-of-convenience plot line. The writing was witting and engaging, and the banter between characters was delightful. Some of it was silly, but overall the book stayed above the "eye-roll" line due to the humor and the sometimes insightful descriptions of human nature.


Historical romances are by-and-large an untapped genre for me, so I look forward to discovering more books and authors along the way.


View all my reviews

No comments: