Yearly Reading Challenges

This blog contains my book reviews for my yearly reading challenges. See all my reviews at http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/1478411.

Monday, June 27, 2011

Naked In Death- audiobook

Naked in Death (In Death #1)Naked in Death by J.D. Robb

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

SOA Listening Challenge 2011- Give a narrator a second chance. Susan Ericksen. I didn't care for her narration of High Noon, but she gets great reviews for the In Death series.

SFR Reading Challenge 2011

I can now understand all the excitement over Susan Erisksen's narration of JD Robb's In Death series. For as much as Ericksen's reading of High Noon frustrated me, her reading of Naked in Death pleased me. In High Noon Ericksen tended to pitch her voice up at the end of sentences in dialogs, making all the characters sound like teenagers. (High Noon is one of my favorite Nora Roberts' books.) Not only didn't she do that here, but she also has great accents for several of the primary ad secondary characters.

This book has a great plot, wonderful characters, and solid writing by Robb, aka Nora Roberts. Ericksen's excellent narration rounds this out to a guaranteed winner in audio, as well as print. I already have book 2 of the In Death series on audio, and plan to listen soon.

4* in print
5* on audio
View all my reviews

No comments: