Yearly Reading Challenges

This blog contains my book reviews for my yearly reading challenges. See all my reviews at http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/1478411.

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

TBR Challenge 2011- June Category: Contemporary

Hard to Hold (Hold trilogy, #1)Hard to Hold by Stephanie Tyler

My rating: 3 of 5 stars

TBR Challenge 2011- June Category: Contemporary. This book has been on my goodreads list since February 2010.


3.5* rounded down for goodreads.
Hard to Hold is a good military (SEAL) romantic suspense novel, although it doesn't break any new ground. The lead (and his two "brothers" who are the stars of their own books in this trilogy) are a bit "too" everything-- too strong, too fast, too tortured, too reckless, too handsome, etc. In fact, all the characters in this book are too angst-ridden. There was no normal to be found.


That said, the story was compelling and Tyler doles out the backstory in small tantalizing bits, insuring the reader keeps reading to fill in all the missing pieces.


Recommended for lovers of gritty, strong (but not mean) heroes and heroines with some backbone.

View all my reviews

No comments: