Yearly Reading Challenges

This blog contains my book reviews for my yearly reading challenges. See all my reviews at http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/1478411.

Sunday, June 5, 2011

TBR Challenge 2011- June Category: Contemporary

Harvard's Education (Tall, Dark & Dangerous, #5)Harvard's Education by Suzanne Brockmann

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

TBR Challenge 2011- June Category: Contemporary. This book has been on my TBR pile for about 6 months.


3.5*
Entertaining military suspense with good characters and a decent action plot. The writing was decent, the pacing and character development was consistent, and the plot was mostly realistic. Brockmann's brief scene outlining how racially prejudice our society can be was restrained but packed an emotional punch. While the book didn't sweep me off my feet, it didn't make me cringe, either, and that's a good thing. Harvard's Education was a very enjoyable way to spend an afternoon.


View all my reviews

No comments: