Yearly Reading Challenges

This blog contains my book reviews for my yearly reading challenges. See all my reviews at http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/1478411.

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Deadly Fear

Deadly Fear (Deadly, #1)Deadly Fear by Cynthia Eden

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


A very well done romantic suspense novel. The pacing was perfect, with enough "down time" scenes to let this reader's heart-rate return to normal. This was not a comfortable book for me because the killer was sick and the descriptions sometimes a little too detailed. Getting a "killer's eye view" is not my favorite thing to read, but Eden did a great job with it. I was surprised at the end and that was satisfying.



The main characters were well drawn, and the push-away/pull-closer see-saw didn't go on too long. I hate reading 3/4 a book where the leads fall into bed then one pushes the other away. The sex scenes were too much alike, with little variety in the way the leads interacted. Ihey weren't bad, in fact they were intense, but I'd have liked a softer scene between them at least once.



Eden writes very well and her plot was exciting, so I'll definitely read more.



View all my reviews

No comments: