Yearly Reading Challenges

This blog contains my book reviews for my yearly reading challenges. See all my reviews at http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/1478411.

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Morning Comes Softly

Morning Comes Softly (Harper Monogram)Morning Comes Softly by Debbie Macomber

My rating: 3 of 5 stars

TBR Challenge 2011 - I'm putting this book in the TBR Challenge list because I've been looking for the title for the past year! I read part of this book at the library one day while waiting for my children, but didn't remember the name, so I couldn't go back and finish it. At the time I remember thinking I wasn't that interested in the book, but for some reason the story stuck in my mind.


After finally reading a description of the book on an Amazon.com forum, I located the book and finished reading it. It was an entertaining book and I'm glad I finally got closure on the story. The book is a "closed door" romance, in case anyone is interested. There is foreplay and talk, but the actual love scenes are not written. This is the first Macomber book I've read and I thought her writing was fine, but not outstanding. The book is a type of romance that seems common: small-town, hard-working people, heartwarming and emotional story with trials to overcome. The heroine was a little too perfect (spotless housekeeper, skilled cook, expert seamstress, wise with children, etc.), and it felt a little "made-for-TV" movie-ish, but overall I did enjoy it. I thought the secondary romance was good, as well.

View all my reviews

No comments: