Yearly Reading Challenges

This blog contains my book reviews for my yearly reading challenges. See all my reviews at http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/1478411.

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Miss Pettigew Lives for a Day

Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day AudiobookMiss Pettigrew Lives for a Day Audiobook by Winifred Watson

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


SOA Listening Challenge 2011: Pick an audiobook that received a DIK grade at AAR in print format. TBR Challenge 2011

I rarely give 5 star ratings, but I can't really think of a complaint about this book. The writing is clever and witty, and the narration is truly masterful. Since the plot works as a series of vignettes, it is an easy book to put down at the end of a chapter, and that can be both good and bad, I suppoes. But toward the end I really didn't want to put it down. I needed to know how Miss Pettigrew's amazing day was going to end. It was wonderful!

I've seen the movie and enjoyed it very much, but the book (as is often the case) is even better!

View all my reviews

No comments: