Yearly Reading Challenges

This blog contains my book reviews for my yearly reading challenges. See all my reviews at http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/1478411.

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

TBR Reading Challenge 2012--Personal Category

Blue Flame by Jill Shalvis

TBR Challenge 2012- Personal category. This book has been on my to-read list for over a year while I tried to find a used copy.

A-/B+

Jill Shalvis's Firefighter Trilogy are some of my favorite books by this author. She's written other romantic suspense titles, but these seem to be the most complex as far as characterizations and story. In Blue Flame, I enjoyed the developing relationship between Callie and Jake. Jake was a player, and it was interesting to watch him come to terms with his past and his future. Callie had the most real strength of character in many ways, and I liked that Shalvis paired the alpha-male Jake with a strong female lead who could hold her own.
The suspense plot was fine, and although it wasn't a huge part of the book it helps with character development and provides a focus for the story.

Good book! Well worth the effort to find a used copy.

No comments: