Yearly Reading Challenges

This blog contains my book reviews for my yearly reading challenges. See all my reviews at http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/1478411.

Thursday, March 29, 2012

TBR Challenge 2012- Personal Category

Now You See Her by Linda Howard

TBR Challenge 2012-Personal Category: This book has been on my to-read list since Dec 10, 2010.

4/5 stars
Grade A-/B+
This book has been on my to-read list for over a year, but I never got around to getting a print copy. When it was available for a good price as an audiobook on audible, I decided to give it a try. I'm so glad I listened to the audiobook instead of reading the book. While I would have liked the book in print, I can't help but think the narrator increased my enjoyment quite a bit. Narrator Laura Lefkow's unusual delivery worked perfectly for the heroine. The reader felt the distracted way Sweeney's mind worked, complete with her vagueness and social unease. It was very well done.

Although I figured out the killer early on, I still enjoyed the mystery. The characters, from Sweeney and Richard to the secondary characters, like the police detectives, were well fleshed out and enjoyable. The dialogue was well written and made sense, something I always appreciate!

No comments: