Yearly Reading Challenges

This blog contains my book reviews for my yearly reading challenges. See all my reviews at http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/1478411.

Monday, March 26, 2012

TBR Challenge for March, plus SFR Reading Challenge 2012

Parallel Desire by Deidre Knight
3/5 stars Grade C+

TBR Challenge @012: March category-- Series Catch-Up (pick a book from a series you're behind on)
This book has been on my to read list since Jan 7, 2010. I've had difficulty finding it since it's oop, but finally found one in a used book store recently.

SFR Reading Challenge 2012 8/15

A decent SFR but it could have been better. A long break between reading the previous book in the series and this one didn't help my enjoyment any, but that wasn't the only reason this book fell short of the others in the series. The plot didn't make a lot of sense, and the relationships became the main storyline instead of a good balance between the story and the relationships. Much of the dialogue felt stilted and unnatural as well.

Since it's been several years now and no other book has been forthcoming in this series, i guess we won't find out exactly what happens in the War between the Antousians and the Rafarians for control of Earth. I'm guessing since we're still here it must have turned out okay.

No comments: