Yearly Reading Challenges

This blog contains my book reviews for my yearly reading challenges. See all my reviews at http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/1478411.

Thursday, March 8, 2012

SOA and SFR Reading Challenges 2012

Komarr by Lois McMaster Bujold

SOA Listening Challenge: Spread Your Listening-- paranormal/fantasy/SF 4/4
SFR Reading Challenge 2012 5/15

Grade A+

A 5 star review with no hesitation or caveats. Even though I've only listened to [book:Shards of Honour|61903] and am just now reading the first actual Miles book, [book:The Warrior's Apprentice|61906], I never felt lost during this story. (I do think I missed a few inside jokes, though.) I plan to go back and read the entire series now.

The writing, the story, the humor, the characters--all pitch perfect. And the narration was equally wonderful.

I highly recommend listening/reading to Komarr before going on to [book:A Civil Campaign|61899], a book that is very popular with romance readers. I can't imagine not knowing the entire backstory to Miles and Ekaterin. Komarr is the book where Miles falls in love. Komarr is really Ekaterin's story and what a wonderful character to get to know.

Highly recommended.

No comments: