Yearly Reading Challenges

This blog contains my book reviews for my yearly reading challenges. See all my reviews at http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/1478411.

Saturday, May 7, 2011

TBR Challenge 2011- May Read: Marriage of Convenience

The Stranger I MarriedThe Stranger I Married by Sylvia Day

My rating: 3 of 5 stars

TBR Challenge 2011- May theme: Fake relationships/ marriage of convenience. This book has been on my library list for a year.


Decent plot, but the author doesn't allow the tensions to build enough. One reason is the sex scenes every two or three pages for the last half of the book. After the first few they seem very similar and began to detract from the story instead of enhance it, at least for me. The back stories provide the angst, but there was potential for some real heart-wrenching stuff here and it didn't quite happen.


Readers who enjoy erotica would probably give this book higher marks. I like steamy, but generally don't read books this explicit, or at least this explicit for this much of the book. ;-)



View all my reviews

No comments: