Yearly Reading Challenges

This blog contains my book reviews for my yearly reading challenges. See all my reviews at http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/1478411.

Monday, May 16, 2011

Mind Game by Christine Feehan

Mind Game (GhostWalkers, #2)Mind Game by Christine Feehan

My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Speaking of Audiobooks Listening Challenge 2011- While not directly fulfilling a SOA Challenge category, Mind Game is the second in the Ghostwalker series by Christine Feehan which I used to fulfill the "Listen to a series that grabs you" category.


In a word (or two or three): Mind Games is full of intensely intense intensity. ;-) Self-conscious and over-written, the book is full of dramatic adjective, verbs and adverbs. Dahlia is specially enhanced, but is in almost constant pain, feeling nausea, having convulsions and migraines, and unable to be around people. Niko was always feeling intense emotions, savagely possessive--a cold warrior whose shell is inexplicably cracked by this unhappy woman.


I love Tom Stechschulte's voice and narration style, but have to admit that for this book his somewhat slow, dramatic delivery, while sexy and mesmerizing in part, only made this book feel more sluggish than it already did.


The last half of the book moved more quickly and the story became more interesting.


View all my reviews

No comments: