Yearly Reading Challenges

This blog contains my book reviews for my yearly reading challenges. See all my reviews at http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/1478411.

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Ravished by Amanda Quick

Read from January 31 to February 02, 2011
review Read this for the February TBR Challenge 2011: Ugly Ducklings (Heroes and/or heroines who aren't "pretty")

Enjoyable book by author Jayne Ann Krentz under her pen name: Amanda Quick. I don't read many historical novels, so it's a pleasant surprise when I find one I get pulled into and enjoy this much. The mystery was somewhat predictable, but not too much so to ruin the story and Quick managed to put a few twists in the plot line. The romance angle was also somewhat predictable, but still satisfying. I liked both lead characters, although I got a little tired of Harriet's independent streak and absent-minded professor qualities, both of which led her into danger more than once. Still, this was time well spent.
3.5/5 stars

No comments: