Yearly Reading Challenges

This blog contains my book reviews for my yearly reading challenges. See all my reviews at http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/1478411.

Monday, February 14, 2011

Heaven, Texas by Susan Elizabeth Phillips

Fits the Feb category for the TBR Challenge 2011: Less than perfect hero/heroines.

Read from February 05 to 14, 2011
review I've read this book twice, but this was the first time on audio. I love Heaven, Texas in any format, but listening to Anna Fields read the book is pure pleasure.

Bobby Tom Denton is one of SEP's most bone-headed heroes, and I can't say why I like him, but I do. I don't like him all the time but he has redeeming characteristics that won me over. It also helps that he has a major grovel scene. I like groveling after a character acts like an idiot. ;-)

As with Nobody's Baby but Mine, SEP takes a risk with her secondary romance. In both cases the storyline involves an older couple and adds significantly to the enjoyment of the book. 4/5 stars

No comments: