Yearly Reading Challenges

This blog contains my book reviews for my yearly reading challenges. See all my reviews at http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/1478411.

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Arabella by Georgette Heyer

Speaking of Audiobooks 2011 Listener Challenge
TBR Challenge 2011


Read from February 17 to 22, 2011
review Arabella is now one of my favorite books by Georgette Heyer, and that's saying something. I love all of Heyer's books, but I do sometimes wish she'd focus more on how the feelings of the couple develop. In this book she does. In fact, we actually get as much or more insight into the development of Beaumaris' feelings than those of Arabella, and I enjoyed that. The dialog is, as usual, witty and clever. Ulysses the dog adds many laughs and the one-sided conversations Beaumaris holds with the dog are the best.

The narrator for this audiobook is the wonderful Eve Matheson. She does a superb job all the way through.

No comments: