Yearly Reading Challenges

This blog contains my book reviews for my yearly reading challenges. See all my reviews at http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/1478411.

Sunday, February 26, 2012

TBR Challenge 2012: Personal Challenge

A Game of Chance (Mackenzie Family #5) by Linda Howard

TBR Challenge 2012: Personal Challenge-- books on my list prior to 2011. A Game of Chance has been on my to-read list since August 2010.

3.5* rounded up to 4*
Grade B

A Game of Chance is a book I didn't expect to like as much as I did. All the Mackenzie family books have been enjoyable, but none have been great. A Game of Chance isn't great either, but it's a whole lotta fun! Even when I tell myself it's over-the-top and unbelievable, I still like it. Chance has just enough edge to be a great Linda Howard hero, but with some truly good-guy qualities that insure the reader respects him. Sunny was a well-written character with enough believability to make her a sympathetic heroine.

There was failure to communicate between the characters, but that is integral to the plot, so it made sense instead of being annoying. Good book!

No comments: