Yearly Reading Challenges

This blog contains my book reviews for my yearly reading challenges. See all my reviews at http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/1478411.

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

TBR Challnge 2011- General

The Masqueraders (Harlequin Single Title)The Masqueraders by Georgette Heyer

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

TBR Challenge 2011; General category- This book has been on my TBR list since November 2009.

4.5 stars

While possessing the predictability of a Heyer romance, The Masqueraders varied from the expected just enough to make it unique and charming. Not only does this book have the wit and clever plotting I expect from Heyer, it has more than one endearing romance. The scene in which one hero declares his feelings is one of the most moving declarations I've read. Since this scene happened partway through the book instead of in the last paragraphs as so often occurs in Heyer's book, the relationship has time to grow and develop, which was particularly satisfying to read.

The Masqueraders has very clever plotting, many multifaceted secondary characters, and plenty of humorous dialog. Definitely worth reading.

View all my reviews

No comments: