Yearly Reading Challenges

This blog contains my book reviews for my yearly reading challenges. See all my reviews at http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/1478411.

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

The Acciendetal Wedding by Anne Gracie

The Accidental Wedding (Devil Riders, #4)The Accidental Wedding by Anne Gracie

My rating: 3 of 5 stars

2011 TBR Challenge- This book has been on my TBR list since November 2010.



The Accidental Wedding is a decently written historical romance with likable characters. No big misunderstandings or other dreaded plot devices to mar what is essentially a fairy tale-- injured rich man gets nursed back to health by impoverished beautiful woman and falls in love.


While the book is nice way to pass a few hours, the plot isn't very deep or complex. The author never lets the suspense build too far and the mysteries in the book are easily figured out early on, including the small mystery of Lizzie's husband.


What the author does best is build the relationship between Maddie and Nash. It was sweet and ultimately enjoyable. I did cringe at how neatly the author chose to wrap of everyone's lives, and how utterly "perfect" Maddie is all the time, but overall I enjoyed the book and recommend it for lovers of historical romances written with a light touch.


View all my reviews

No comments: