Yearly Reading Challenges

This blog contains my book reviews for my yearly reading challenges. See all my reviews at http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/1478411.

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

TBR Challenge 2012: January Category- Series Romance

The Admiral's Bride by Suzanne Brockmann

3 out of 5 stars

TBR Challenge 2012: January category- Category/Series Romance. The Admiral's Bride has been on my to-read list since May 2010.

Maybe 3.5* Good solid story, with some twists and turns that take it above the "business as usual" for series romance. Brockmann does a great job with Jake's confused feelings. that was the best part of the book. Zoe is a likeable character as well, and although there is some lack of communication between them, it feels right for the story and the characters, so that wasn't a problem for me.

The actual suspense plot is weak, however, and character development for all but Jake is also on the weak side. Still, it was an enjoyable read!

No comments: