Yearly Reading Challenges

This blog contains my book reviews for my yearly reading challenges. See all my reviews at http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/1478411.

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

TBR Reading Challenge 2011- General

Snapped (Tracers #4)Snapped by Laura Griffin

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

TBR Reading Challenge: General Category- This book has been on my TBR list since December 2010.

3.5*

I loved the suspense plot of this book, and as always I enjoyed the writing. Laura Griffin is a very consistent writer. Unfortunately, I didn't really "feel the love" between the main characters. Their communication skills were abysmal, and I didn't end the book feeling like they had learned to trust one another. Added to that, Sophie had a few TSTL moments, one serious. She somehow manages to blames Jonah and even gets him to apologize. I'd prefer the author find other ways to advance the plot than having the female lead act rashly, especially when the heroine has been traumatized in violent crime before and should know better, as the case is with Sophie.


I'm rounding up to 4* because I really did enjoy the mystery and the writing. If I'd been able to connect with the characters it would have been higher.

View all my reviews

No comments: