Yearly Reading Challenges

This blog contains my book reviews for my yearly reading challenges. See all my reviews at http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/1478411.

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

TBR Challenge- General

On the Edge (The Edge, #1)On the Edge by Ilona Andrews

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

TBR Challenge 2011- General Category. This book has been on my TBR list since Sept 2010.


On the Edge is a great book by the talented husband and wife team who also write the popular Kate Daniels series (urban fantasy). On the Edge has more romance than the Kate Daniels series, but still makes room for creative world-building and an action-packed plot. Unlike the "Magic" books, which feature Kate and a cast of regulars throughout the books, it appears The Edge series will feature the same world but different main characters for each book.


Andrews has written a tight, well-plotted story with enough action to keep you turning the pages, and enough humor to give you a break from the tension. Highly recommended for both fantasy and PNR fans who enjoy unusual, creative world-building.


View all my reviews

No comments: