Yearly Reading Challenges

This blog contains my book reviews for my yearly reading challenges. See all my reviews at http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/1478411.

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

TBR Challenge 2012--Personal Challenge

Shattered by Karen Robards

4 of 5 stars
Grade A-

TBR Challenge 2012--Personal Challenge: Shattered has been on my to-read list since 2010.

I thoroughly enjoyed this romantic suspense by Robards. The plotting is well done and I like both main characters. The mystery defies solution for most of the book. I could almost figure it out, but a few details prove elusive. The author does withhold one clue until the end, but it was necessary for the story.

Robards weaves all the parts of the story together, including the mutual history of Lisa and Scott. I liked that the heroine is no blushing ingenue, but instead an apologetically experienced woman.

No comments: