Yearly Reading Challenges

This blog contains my book reviews for my yearly reading challenges. See all my reviews at http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/1478411.

Thursday, January 19, 2012

SOA Listening Challenge 2012

Then Came You by Lisa Kleypas

3.5 out of 5 stars

SOA Listening Challenge 2012- Historical #2

I enjoyed the story, but I would have enjoyed it much more with a good narrator. 4* for the story, 2* for Rosalyn Landor's narration.

The plot was intricate and layered, the dialogue was sharp and witty, and the writing overall was quite good. I knew this book had an HEA, but I wasn't certain Kleypas could pull it off. I was pleasantly surprised at the interwoven story lines and the emotions they produced. Not a perfect book, a little too much melodrama at times and some secondary characters who lacked development and were more placeholders than anything, but a very enjoyable historical romance.

No comments: